Life Update From The Past Month +
June 13, 2011 Leave a comment
It has been quite some time since I’ve written a regular blog post on here. May and the beginning of June just flew by! The end of college came and went – way too quickly! I am hoping to start doing a better job of blogging again now. In the meantime, I figured I would give some updates on what I have been up to during the past month and half or so (In no particular order). I don’t know if anyone will read this, but just in case…
- I graduated.
- I co-chaired the University of Denver’s 10th Annual Diversity Summit on Inclusive Excellence.
- Earlier (end of April) I competed in the University of Denver’s Inclusive Excellence Case Competition. Life got really busy though and I never wrote about that experience, but my team developed a comprehensive diversity and inclusion strategy for MolsonCoors, focusing on its international business units.
- I have gotten to know some amazing people. This includes quite a good number of the international (specifically Chinese) students at the Daniels College of Business. I am so happy for the opportunity to become friends with so many great people.
- I went to a protocol dinner. I have never had sorbet between courses or three wine pairings at one meal. I don’t even know if I have ever even had a wine pairing… 🙂
- I attended part of TEDxDU. There were some pretty awesome speakers.
- I completed group papers that involved meetings with and research into Vail Resorts (on human resource strategy) and Love Grown Foods (on business sustainability).
- I saw the University of Denver’s lacrosse team play in the NCAA final four game… on TV.
- A friend and I created a Wiki with extensive research and best practices about onboarding and orientation programs.
- I met up with several friends who came back to visit Denver.
- I went by the Native Student Alliance’s Pow Wow at the University of Denver. It was awesome and I wish I could have stayed longer.
- I went to a Cardinals vs. Rockies game at Coors Field.
- I went bowling and played laser tag with my cousins in Littleton.
- I had funnel cake. 🙂
- A friend and I wanted to go camping, but unfortunately that did not happen. Apparently finals meant there would be a lot of work to do…
- I worked with a team as part of my MBA capstone class on a feasibility study/business plan for the creation of a Neurology Clinical Pharmacy Specialist (PharmD) position at Denver Health. We presented to the Associate COOs and several other executives at Denver Health. The formal ask will be made soon.
- I have subscribed to Fortune, Fast Company, The Economist, and several other magazines. I need to stay current and engaged to be competitive and innovative in the marketplace and to engage in intelligent conversation.
- I went to a lot of goodbye dinners. Some on the same night.
- I went to a pool party.
- I smiled.
- I cried a little.
- I laughed a lot.
- I left my position at the Center for Multicultural Excellence.
- I moved back to St. Louis.
- I have been catching up with friends at home.
- I have been debating going to Las Vegas with some friends but plane tickets are really expensive.
- I am trying to figure out my future – weighing options, balancing priorities, etc.
- I have been applying for a lot of jobs and have had several interviews lately. I am hoping that some positive progress might happen in regards to my future very soon.
That’s a lot. And there is a lot more. Hopefully, I will have time to post updates on life, what I am thinking, and interesting things I come across online.